21 Days Of Fasting
Fasting Theme: “Thanking God for bringing us through 2022”
Scripture Text – Daniel 10:1-21
As we seek God’s face during this period of 21 days of Praying and Fasting and 20 Nights of Revival, let us do the following as One Body in Christ Jesus:
- Involve as many of our family members, friends, coworkers and all those you know, to join in the praying and fasting with you.
- See the good and positive in those we encounter.
- Start your day off with an encouraging thought and pass those on to others during your day.
- Let us continue to thank God for bringing us through 2022.
- Strive to do your praying and fasting in a more excellent way this year.
- Take five or more names of those you know and pray for them each morning.
- Each morning read one of the Scriptures pertaining to this praying and fasting.
- The unsaved to be saved
- The sick, and shut-in, and the victims of Covid-19 and the flu virus strands
- The Pastor
- The Church Leaders
- Shiloh Ministries
- Each other
- The moving of the Holy Spirit in your life
- Our President of the United States
- Our Government
- The Incarcerated
- Godly peace to reign in this world
- Systemic racism and prejudice to revealed and rooted out of this country.
- Children, youth, young adults, seniors and our community
21 Day Fast
As always, observe the fast as your medical conditions permit.
Fast observed from 4a.m. to 4p.m. with a light meal after 4 p.m.
No Sweets, No Flesh (No Meats, No Fish), No Alcoholic Beverages
Eat the following:
- Whole Grains, Fruits and Vegetables only
- Water only during the fast
“I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.”
- A.M. Devotions 30 minutes (prayer and scripture)
- Noon Devotions (or as time permits) 30 minutes (prayer and scriptures)
- P.M. Devotions (4 pm, Prayer and Scriptures)
- Family prayer is recommended, daily as your situation permits, as not to give the adversary a foothold in our homes.
- Pastor will address prayer and fasting with church directly from the pulpit.
- As relationship permits, refrain from intimate contact, in order to fully devote yourself unto the Lord.
Please Read Daniel The 10th Chapter
 In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.  In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.  I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.  And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel;  Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:  His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.  And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.  Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.  Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.  And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.  And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.  Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.  But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.  Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.  And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.  And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.  For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.  Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,  And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.  Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.  But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince. – Daniel 10:1-21 (KJV)
Note: In our Praying and Fasting for 2023, Please remember I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. I know that it is a difficult task, but please let me encourage you by saying, we can all do this for these 21 days. God will help us if we allow him to do so.